Helping students achieve their dreams of becoming a doctor
Davao Medical University has been a top choice for Indian students. Find WHY? Below….
CHENNAI, TAMIL NADU, INDIA, January 29, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ – Davao Medical College in the Philippines, the price is not the only thing that makes it attractive. The candidates to MBBS in the Philippines Admission can get direct entry with a lower entry score, according to ERWIN ROMMELN.HONTIVEROS MD PEd (Dean of Davao medical College.)
Some students may be surprised to learn that they can gain admission with as little as 50% in the required subjects and that the Philippines offers a low cost of living as an added incentive to complete their medical education.
Another characteristic is that the level of education is extremely excellent. According to ERWIN ROMMELN.HONTIVEROS, the language support for MBBS in the Philippines is English. It is an essential assurance for international students completing their studies in English that the language will not become an obstacle.
In July 1976, the Davao Medical University has been established. Its College of Medicine was the first of its kind in Mindanao and is dedicated to providing the highest quality medical education and training, resulting in the provision of excellent medical treatment in rural and urban areas.
Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) is the first and only medical school in Mindanao (3rd largest city in the Philippines). It is one of the top six medical schools in the Philippines. The College is accredited by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS), allowing Indian students to practice medicine in India after completing their MBBS degree in the Philippines.
DMSF is considered one of the best medical schools in the Philippines for obtaining an MBBS degree. It has a number of partnerships with reputable universities and organizations around the world. According to the provisions of the EC, the Philippine government has authorized the college to enroll foreign students. Every year, more than 2000 Indian students apply to the College for admission into MBBS.
Davao Doctors Hospital, Broken shire Hospital, San Pedro Hospital and Southern Philippines Medical Center are all connected hospitals of Davao Medical College. For clinical practice, these hospitals have a combined bed count of almost 4,000 beds.
Davao Medical School Foundation students have access to a variety of resources, including simulated manikin stations, a state-of-the-art library of international standards, team learning centers (TLCs), and more. The College not only had that, but it also had excellent clinical instruction and training with hands-on experience. There are approximately 125 faculty members from various medical disciplines, and the total student population for the four years is generally around 1,058.
The Davao Medical School Foundation MBBS program is ranked among the top six medical schools in the Philippines.
• It is based on the American educational system and gives a medical degree.
• Only medical school with more than 4,000 beds for clinical rotations.
• For clinical rotations in the third and fourth years of their studies, students are linked to Davao Medical Center, Davao Doctors Hospitals, San Pedro Hospital and Brokenshire Memorial Hospital.
• The DMSF Medical College has over 125 faculty members.
• The total number of students in the four years is generally around 10,058.
• Since its inception, the Davao Medical School Foundation has graduated over 5,000 Indian students.
• It is one of the MCI approved medical schools of the Philippines.
It is approved by the World Health Organization (WHO), ECFMG and FAIMER accredited.
The Davao Medical School Foundation benefits are as follows:
• Davao Medical School University is ranked 134th among the best medical schools in the Philippines.
• Medical schools recognized by the National Medical Council (NMC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
• English is the language of instruction at Davao University Medical School.
• Strong relationships with prestigious medical universities around the world.
• A secure environment in which to take the MBBS course.
• A problem-based learning approach.
• Emphasize the importance of the student’s practical skills.
• In addition to teaching, research, patient care, community health and community involvement, the university offers training and services in human and integral health sciences with an emphasis on primary health care.
Davao Medical College Library
The Davao Medical School Foundation Library uses better technologies and methodologies for searching and accessing information. DMSF has built two on-campus libraries to meet the growing needs of its students and scholars. The branch library is on the third floor of the nursing building, while the main library is on the third floor of the main building. A standard library automation system is used in each of these libraries to facilitate data access and retrieval.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR DAVAO SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
Indian student must meet the following eligibility requirements for Davao Medical School Foundation before applying to pursue MBBS at Davao Medical School Foundation. Students whose applications do not meet these eligibility criteria will be rejected.
• Applicant must be an Indian citizen and have passed the NEET exams before applying for MBBS in the Philippines.
• In the same attempt, the student must pass all HSC subjects administered by any board recognized by India.
• Backward class and most backward class (OC/BC/BCM/MBC) for other communities
• For the appendix/reserved category (SC/ST/SCA): o Minimum of 60% in physics, chemistry and biology o Pass in English • For the appendix/reserved category (SC/ST/SCA): o Minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology o Pass in English
• On December 31, the applicant must be at least 17 years old.
• Grade 12 students who have taken the science group are eligible to apply for the course.
Davao Medical College Admission Requirements
• A copy of the applicant’s transcript and diploma (original copy)
• Honorable dismissal certificate (original copy)
• Two certificates of good character from college teachers
• 2″ x 2″ ID photo (colored background with white background) – 2
• 2 copies of a 1″ x 1″ passport photo (colored with a white background)
• National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) score (original)
• Medical report from the school doctor, which includes:
• Laboratory examination
• CBC, blood group, urine
• Chest X-ray, PA view
• Neuropsychiatric assessment
Davao Medical School Admission Procedure
submitted online Admission to Davao Medical College Foundation application forms will be assessed by the Dean’s Office. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application. If the candidate is qualified, the school will send the candidate the following for admission.
• Notice of Acceptance (NOA)*
• Personal History Statement Forms to be completed by the applicant (6 copies)
• Certificate of Eligibility for Admission (CEA) form for the applicant to complete (not required for lateral participants)
• The acceptance notice should not be construed as the actual entry.
The following list of original documents must be submitted to the Dean’s office at least 30 days before the start of the next academic year.
• Official transcript and diploma
• Notarized affidavit of support, including bank statements or notarized notice of grant for institutional scholars to cover applicant’s expenses for tuition, accommodation, living expenses and other incidentals
• Photocopy of passport pages showing name, photo, birthday, place of birth
• Student Personal History Statement (6 copies) with 2 x 2 recently taken photographs
• Police certificate issued by the national police authorities of the student’s country of origin or residence
• Birth certificate
• Letter of recommendation from two former university professors
Davao Medical College Hostel and Accommodation
Separate hostel facilities are available for boys and girls operated by Davao Medical School Foundation for International Students with the following facilities.
DMSF provides separate accommodation for Indian students enrolling in university for MBBS. All rooms in the hostel are equipped with all the necessary facilities like air conditioning, almirahs, mattresses, furniture, Wi-Fi, etc.
Safety and security are the primary concern of the College administration. Appropriate security measures are taken for students living on campus, such as CCTV monitoring, fire safety kits, campus patrols, electronic entry system to hostels and much more.
Catering facilities include the availability of Indian food in the hostel’s mess, which is an added attraction for Indian students seeking admission into Davao Medical School Foundation.
Davao Medical College Indian Student Life
Life at DMSF is jubilant and students never feel far from home. The college is considered the “Home away from Home”.
Keeping health and fitness in mind, the College offers a state-of-the-art gymnasium, fully equipped with the latest campus equipment. Instructors and trainers are also available to train students and staff.
Davao Medical School Foundation Admission – MBBS Duration
The duration of the MBBS course is 6 years
The Davao Medical School Foundation offers all international and local students in the Philippines 6 years. The duration of a medical degree in the Philippines is 6 years, including 5 years of mbbs courses and 1 year of internship.
In conclusion, studying MBBS in the Philippines is the most convenient and cost-effective option for students. It is the candidate’s responsibility to make the most of their opportunity. Finally, ERWIN ROMMELN.HONTIVEROS believes that every area of MBBS study has disadvantages and students should weigh the pros and cons of studying MBBS in the Philippines from their personal perspective and position.
Davao Philippines Medical College
+91 94455 53877
write to us here