Paranormal investigators monitor Swallow Inn

RAPID RIVER, Mich. (WLUC) — The Swallow Inn opened as a boarding house in 1890. Today, more than 130 years later, it remains open as a bar.

But, when the sun goes down, current owner Trudy Boyer says the chairs and mop buckets move. Additionally, the music is said to play from an invisible jukebox long after the last customers have left for the night.

“Some people get a little nervous and don’t like to close and be here late at night,” Boyer said. “When you’re alone [is] when the most things happen.

Boyer says she and her employees are seeing numbers during the shutdown. They also report feeling observed or followed.

“I was watching because someone was showing up at the door and I was going to ask them, like a sales rep, what they needed,” Boyer said. “There was never anyone there, and after it happened like every day, it’s not just me.”

To get to the bottom of the phenomenon, Boyer called Yooper Paranormal. The team of two sisters, Trisk Kautz and Kelly Carlson, began investigating such ghostly cases in their own home growing up. Experts after decades of experience and having answered about 200 cases, the sisters were ready to help.

“Between the two of us we have K-2 yards,” Kautz said. “They pick up electromagnetic frequencies.”

The idea is that if ghosts are present, they can manipulate these frequencies. The team also performs EVP sessions which stands for Electronic Voice Phenomenon.

“We’re going to ask questions with this recorder and listen to the disembodied voices,” Kautz said.

Carlson and Kautz use multiple cameras to document any activity.

“We have a spirit box, spirits can manipulate it and use it to say words,” Carlson said.

When everything was set up, the two started asking questions. Carlson told the spirits they didn’t need to be shy.

Initially, one of the monitoring devices appeared with the words “killed” and “bishop”. But, there were no direct responses until the sisters invited the presence to come and sit down for a drink.

Kautz verbally instructed the ghost to “feel free to touch it”, inviting the spirit to interact with the equipment. On one recording, the group, including Boyer, heard the answer.

“Okay,” he seemed to say.

The voice sessions seemed to open a line of communication with the spirits. Soon – they started using more than just their voices.

For the second half of this story, please check back Thursday, March 24 after TV6 Early News.

The survey’s extensive findings might surprise you.

Copyright 2022 WLUC. All rights reserved.

Comments are closed.